Saturday, August 22, 2009

No park is complete without its creep(s).

I was approached in a park called Kungstradgarden while I was trying to read by a man who looked normal until he told me I was the most beautiful girl in the world. He offered to buy me a beer, which I politely (I think) declined, and then he offered to teach me Swedish on the condition that I would teach him English. He was youngish and he said he had been in Sweden for two years, working at Burger King, and had forgotten his English. I said OK, and we spent 15 minutes pointing at things and writing them in English, Swedish, and Arabic. That's when he wrote "I love you"in my notebook and tried to put his arm around me. The bad part is he looked entirely sane compared to the guy who was stumbling around the fountain, peeking under park benches and mumbling to himself. Plus the little drink gazebo was all out of iced coffee and iced tea, and I had to drink orange juice. NOTE TO SELF: Do not come here alone/at all/when dressed as a woman/until you are also crazy/unless it is absolutely necessary.

3 comments:

  1. that was a great story! I also think "No Park is Complete Without It's Creep(s)" should be the title of our percussion album....(grin) too much drama here to go into, you can read it on plans. Sounds like you're in a place where you can have some adventures kiddo, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst part was about the iced coffee

    ReplyDelete
  3. "until you are also crazy"

    from: ginless in Lincoln

    ReplyDelete