Monday, October 26, 2009

Have can, will soup

Wow! I just made some black bean soup which should have been awful, but I love it!
I started out with only a can of black beans. I was hungry. What can you do with a can of beans?
I thought about just warming them up (that's still food, right?), but instead I ended up with this:

1 can black beans, in beanie-water
1 clove garlic, chopped up into bits
generous portion of oregano
2 spoonfuls of the olive oil left over from the stuffed olives I've been eating since sometime before I went to Latvia
cayenne pepper
salt
another spice that smelled good at the time
creme fraiche

And I like it! Or maybe I just like black beans, and you can't really mess them up. I wouldn't serve it to company, but I sure would make it again if I find myself alone with a can of beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment